|Call for Works / BabelScores reading panel 2012|
After the great success of the First Reading Panel BabelScores® is pleased to announce the Call for Works for the Second BabelScores® Reading Panel 2012. BabelScores® is looking for the most creative and innovative composers from all over the world to continue building a quality catalog with important contemporary music pieces.
We strongly encourage composers of any age or nationality to submit one to three works of any instrumentation or for electronics or mixed media to the BabelScores® Reading Pannel 2012. If the submitted piece/s is/are accepted then BabelScores® will invite you to be part of its catalog and to upload more pieces. We will promote your music worldwide, sell your scores and you will be able to take advantage of the BabelScores tools and structure like managing and renting your execution material, if you agree to do so. As composer, you will get the mayor part of your scores sales and rentals. The remaining part shall be kept by BabelScores® to cover its operative costs and financial autonomy.
The strong web traffic and the Institutional Subscriptions (conservatories, universities, etc. from all over the world) allows BabelScores® to diffuse its music massively.
BabelScores offers a lot of advantages to composers:
- BabelScores® is a web platform which allows people to buy, rent and consult scores all over the world.
- BabelScores® do not retain any copyright.
- BabelScores® do not ask for exclusivity (you can offer your scores by other means if you'd like to)
- BabelScores® creates cooperation agreements with different cultural institutions such as ensembles, festivals, universities, etc. in France and abroad for playing the music of our catalog.
- The composers are able to resign their engagement with BabelScores® at any time and with no penalty
- To be part of BabelScores® catalog is completely free.
- If your work is already published by a traditional publishing house, we can make a partnership with your publishing house to collaborate in the diffusion and promotion of your music.
How to submit your work:
It is really easy and quick.
Via internet, in our website www.babelscores.com. Click on submit your work and then click effect submission. Please complete the online form and send it. You will need to upload at least one piece. BabelScores® guarantees not to use or diffuse your submitted work in anyway or by any media without your agreement.
Deadline for submitting your work: 30 april 2012
Results of the BabelScores® Reading Panel: late June 2012
We are acting intensively to diffuse the music of our time because we really care about music. And we are working to satisfy composers proffesional needs. We encourage you to submit your work to BabelScores® to take part in the project that is challenging the present of contemporary music.