Rodrigo LimaPlay all audio recordings
Brazilian composer, Rodrigo Lima was born in Guarulhos-São Paulo in 1976. Bachelor in Musical Composition Degree at the Department of Music – University of Brasília (UnB) and Masters in Composition at the Art Institute of the University of Campinas State (Unicamp) in São Paulo. He studied composition with Estércio Marquez Cunha, Sergio Nogueira, Conrado Silva and Silvio Ferraz. Additional lessons with Emmanuel Nunes, Stefano Gervasoni and Claude Ledoux.
His compositions have been released in contemporary music festivals in Brazil, Latin American, Europe and EUA, include those at:
· Festival ‘Risuonanze 2016’ - Incontri di Nuove Musiche - in Tricesimo (Italy).
· in Strasbourg 2015 (France).
· Europalia International Arts Festival in Amsterdam (Concertgebouw) 2011;
· 32º International Festival of Contemporary Music in Valencia 2010 (Spain);
· 8º Festival d’aujourd’hui à demain de musique contemporaine 2009 in Cluny (France);
· International festival of Contemporary music in Santiago (Chile, 2008/12);
· Bienalle for Brazilian Contemporary Music (Rio de Janeiro);
· Latin American Music Center - Indiana University (USA, 2008);
· Westfield Festival of New Music (Boston, 2014), and others.
He has obtained some prizes in National and International Competitions:
· Prize for Classical Composition of the National Arts Foundation (FUNARTE)
· 1ºst Prize Camargo Guarnieri of Composition, Campos do Jordão International Winter Music Festival.
· Composer in residence in 5th International Forum for Young Composers with Ensemble Aleph in Paris.
· 3th Prize International Iberoamericano Rodolfo Halffter of Composition.
· 3ºrd Prize ‘Francisco Guerreiro Martín’ at the ‘XVII Premio Jóvenes Compositores Fundación Autor-CDMC’ in Madrid.
· 1ºst Prize of the National Competition Camargo Guarnieri of Composition.
Lima’s Music has been performed by the Ensemble Aleph (France), Ensemble Linea (France), Proxima Centauri (France), Abstrai Ensemble (Brazil), Camerata de las Amércicas (Mexico), Sonor Ensemble (Spain), Orchestutropica (Lisboa-Portugal), Camerata Aberta (Brazil), University of São Paulo Symphony (Brazil) and Claudio Santoro National Theater Symphony Orchestra (Brazil).
Rodrigo Lima is teacher of composition at the 'EMESP’- School of Music of São Paulo State and is a member of the General Society of Authors and Editors ‘Sociedade General de Autores y Editores (SGAE)’ in Spain. His works are published by Brazilian Academy of Music, BabelScores in France and Da Vinci Edition in Japan.